Saturday, June 21, 2014

El Debarge Jr: A lion in the Den (part two)

In the first part of my two-parter  interview with El Debarge Jr, he spoke on his album, thoughts of the music industry today, and the best advice his father has given him.

In part two, We get more clarification on Eldra Jr, the man. His likes, his dislikes, and his love for a big screen TV.

What does a girl have to have in order to impress you?

El Debarge Jr: If I see her first, she has to be sexy and alluring. I am very much drawn to energy and if you're cold, I'll feel it. So be warm and draw me in, that would be impressive. If I hear her first, she has to be witty and playful. I am a Gemini and nothing impresses me more, than a woman's mind. It's a complete turn on.

What's the best gift a woman could get you?

El Jr: Trust and a big a** TV with an entertainment system and DVR of sports and action movies, with a time block of "Stay out my way" time. (Laughs)

Do you prefer au naturel or glammed up?

El Jr: There is a good time for both and I love them the same for different reasons. If I had to choose, I would want a woman that is just as beautiful either way. So that when she wakes up, I am still just as in love as when I took that drink. (Laughs) But I, [like many other men] like a woman with no makeup, in my favorite button up shirt, panties and socks, with the "come get it" look. Call it a wrap.

How would a woman seduce you?

El Jr: (Laughs) Wouldn't that be the day. Allow me to think, because you would have to get pass my artistry of seduction first, which it's a feat in itself. (Pauses) I would say, you would have to challenge me, and be fresh and exciting, passionate, be VERY willing to go wherever I want to take you, because ya boy can get down. And have sex appeal, it's a must.

Would you forgive a cheat, and why?

El Jr: Yes, because we [all] get weak and I have done it. But it's the way you go about it, I would have issues with. A player should never get caught first off, and doing it out of spite to hurt someone is just a bad look to me. I'm weird though, so don't go listening to everything I say. But on the other side of the coin, if you have that someone, it is purely unacceptable. But one must always forgive right?

Complete the following sentences:

I'm secretly terrified of..

El Jr: My Audience and their opinion means a great deal to me. I am scared of them when i'm on stage.

My favorite body part on a woman is..

El Jr: Her butt. Followed by [her] eyes, but you can't grab and.. Never mind. (Laughs)

If I wasn't a musician, I would be..

El Jr: Heartbroken.

My all-time favorite song is..

El Jr: Stay with me by The Debarges

The biggest difference between being sexy on stage and being sexy in the bedroom is...

El Jr: You don't have a bunch of fans around.

Word Association:

Legend.

El Jr: My Father

Love.

El Jr: (Laughs) She would kill me, If I said her name. Lion Queen.

Jungle.

El Jr: Me. (You know Mufasa and all.)

Sexy.

El Jr: (Laughs) Me again. And my "Sexy me" song. Does this means I'm vain?

Eldra.

El Jr: A great name to live up and into.

I hope you enjoy reading this interview as much as I enjoyed doing it. I would like to thank El Jr for allowing me to test drive my interviewing skills on him first. I sincerely appreciate it.

Support El Debarge Jr by following him on twitter, add him as a friend on facebook, and checking out his music on his youtube channel and reverberation page.

No comments:

Post a Comment